Thursday, March 28, 2019

Fond memory

The first time I went into a shoe store after Faye died it was a painful experience for me because of the memories it brought up.

Faye had bad feet and it was difficult, very difficult, to find shoes that fit properly, were comfortable and attractive.

I've spent many hours hanging around shoe stores while Faye tried on shoe after shoe. I sympathized greatly with the poor clerks pulling out shoes for her.

Now Faye was a sweetheart. And she clearly needed to be careful when buying new shoes. They would fit in the store but hurt her feet a few days.  So she was obviously not a difficult customer. But I think she wore out more than few clerks.

A year ago I really could not spend time in shoe stores, even if I honestly needed new shoes, because of the triggering of sad memories.

That memory has switched to sweet and slightly amusing. So inch by inch this mountain is becoming mine.

Pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment