Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A flippant post

I'm going to be flippant in this post. I might even indulge in a little bit of black humour. But I'm smiling as I think about it. So I'm going to post it because this blog is all about being as honest as I can possibly be about everything to do with Faye, grief and recovering from grief.

I'm going to think about linking to it on Facebook for a bit. I have a little concern some people might misunderstand my heart in talking like this.

I haven't decided what to do with Faye's ashes. She did not have a sentimental attachment to any particular place that comes to mind. And I don't either.

A month or two ago, however, I read about a company that incorporates ashes into fireworks. And I began to think about it and laugh and laugh.

Faye was an absolute bundle of energy, ready to explode. She was the ultimate Energizer Bunny. Something about sending her off in an explosion of heavenly beauty and energy that the whole town can see makes me smile. Actually I'm chuckling as I write this.

Would I actually do that? Mmm. I don't know. I think a lot of people wouldn't understand. So probably not.

Remembering Faye fondly and pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment