Thursday, March 7, 2019

Time to tidy up

I'm about to start to re-read this book--the life-changing magic of tidying up by Marie Kondo.

I struggle with letting clutter accumulate in my house specifically and in my life generally. I'm a messy. Yep, I admit it, I'm a messy. I would probably benefit from joining some type of messies anonymous group.

My one word for 2019 is simplify. I feel clear direction to make my life simpler. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure what that looks like in every way, but I do believe it will involve eliminating clutter and tidying up. And that will make my life freer and happier. I'm aware of that, although it will be a struggle.




And that brings a memory to my mind. (By the way that is not my office to the right. My office is not quite this bad.)

The last task that Faye and I performed together was to follow the principles of this book to tidy up our clothing. We did that on Christmas day of 2017.

It was actually enjoyable and our closets and dressers looked so much better after we finished.

Nothing made Faye happier than when we worked alongside each other in specific tasks--tidying up our clothing, yard work, or even working together on some type of craft). She was truly happy when we did that kind of thing. It probably spoke her love language, which certainly involved service.

So diving into decluttering will bring up memories but I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment