Monday, April 1, 2019

My gatherer

Doug Kelly, who spoke in church yesterday, put out a call to become gatherers, to inviters.

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but think that I've lost my gatherer.

Faye was a born gatherer. In fact, if I recall correctly, one of her strengths and Gallup organization strengths test I had her take a few was gatherer. Actually, I think the word was not gatherer but wooer. As I understand it, that's the same thing.

If Faye wanted to have people over for a meal, she called, and then called again, and then called again until our table was full.

She was perpetually gathering people.

If she felt somebody needed to come to church again, she would call and call and call again until that person made it out.

Few people objected because the sweetness of her heart was obvious.

But I have my gatherer by my side any more. So what will I do? Grow? I guess that's possible. In God all things are possible.

Pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment