Thursday, April 25, 2019

Lamentation

Something that came up in my GriefShare class last week was lamentation.

By lamentation I mean crying out to God in sorrow or grief.

Lamentation is biblical. Crying out to God is acceptable. No, it is more than acceptable, sometimes it is necessary and, in reality, demonstration of trust in the God Who Hears and who is just in all He does and who loves His people.

So I have deeply lamented the loss of my beautiful wife and it's impact on my life. And that is not a demonstration that I lack faith but that I have faith. God is real. And He hears me.

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. Romans 8:26

Jesus wept.

No comments:

Post a Comment