Friday, January 11, 2019

Secondary effects

Grief has secondary effects.

In other words, things, activities, memories that trigger grief, even if they are not directly related to the person one lost.

I would also class things lost because you lost, in my case, your spouse as secondary effects. For instance I have nobody knitting sweaters for me anymore.

One of the things I'm missing desperately is having Faye as my dietary accountability partner.
Sometimes she could get on my nerves. I know, that is surprising but at the end of the day we were on the same page when it came to nutrition.

We were agreed about how to eat Faye was simply more stubborn and outspoken. (As an aside if you want to piss me off big time hint, just hint, that Faye was forcing me to eat in a way I didn't want to eat.)

Now over the last 359 days I've gained an embarrassing amount of weight and I am upset with myself. It is time to get back on track with my health but, frankly, I am worried about my ability to do that.

Having said that I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment