Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Face washing time

I think I need to repeat something I've said before. These blog posts are, by choice, as honest as I can possibly be. That means I talk about the realities of going through grief but there is more to me than grieving. And they are a snapshot--my life is constantly moving and changing as are my emotions.
I am more than sadness I am healing and I will heal.

In 2 Samuel chapter 12 King David is on his facing weeping and praying for the life of his son--born to Bathsheba. When the boy dies his servants, filled with fear, tell him the truth. David responds by getting up, eating and washing his face and anointing his body.

Tomorrow it will be one year to the day my beautiful Faye died. After that I feel the time is coming for me to wash my face, anoint my body and live again.

Some traditions call for one year and one day of formal grieving. It make sense to me as it acknowledges the impact of loss and the need to grieve. It also makes sense to go through one full year.

Will it be as easy as all that to move on--no way. And the truth is grief has no time line. But something is shifting within me. I feel the call of new life.

Pressing on to my high call.

No comments:

Post a Comment