Tuesday, January 29, 2019

I'm suspicious

I had something suspicious happen this morning. That picture on the left--that's me, looking like I'm suspicious about something.

Anyhow, something unexpected was happening. And I was suspicious.

That something that was making suspicious was that I was happy. Now I've had lots of days when I've awakened okay, or even pretty good. But today I awakened happy--kind of like Ebenezer Scrooge on Christmas morning. (That's the redeemed Ebenezer on the right.) I was H-A-P-P-Y. I still am, as I write, by the way.

I was looking forward to the day ahead. I was looking forward to a productive day. I was feeling good.

I haven't started a day feeling like this in 377 days. So I was suspicious. My eyes are narrowing as I write.

What was going on? I don't remember feeling this good. There must be something wrong for me to feel this happy. When was I going to get kicked in the groin again?*

Nothing was wrong. I'm genuinely happy today. God has blessed me with joy on this day. And I am embracing it.

I know that tangled ball of yarn that represents my emotions will bring up sadness again. But this day, God has blessed me with joy. And I am grateful.

*That was my dry sense of humour at play.

In all seriousness. I'm happy today.

And I press on.

2 comments:

  1. Keep smiling ..she wants a happy you this year! Keep on keeping on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed Tim... embrace these days and you will have many more of them !!

    ReplyDelete