Thursday, January 31, 2019

A random thought

I'm still enjoying the renewed happiness and peace I've experienced over the last few days.
God has blessed me with His grace.

But I've pondering something about my Faye.

Over the last few years she was in subtle ways not quite herself--not the busy but fundamentally cheerful person she had always been. It is entirely possible that I was the only one who noticed it, but I did notice.

Faye's beautiful smile was always ready. But it seemed I needed to ask her to smile for me. I heard her amazing laugh often--but not often anymore when it was just the two of us.

Busy-ness, to the point of workaholism, had always been part of her character. But I don't think it was making her happy any more. It was making her stressed and had her beating herself up for not working hard enough and possibly for not being smart enough.

It appeared she didn't think the wonderful, genuinely friendly, open hearted person she was, simply wasn't good. She was good enough.

It troubles me, if she didn't think. And, no, this isn't about me feeling guilty about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment