Thursday, May 30, 2019

A real smile

  1. Duchenne smile(Noun)
    A smile involving contraction of both the zygomatic major muscle (which raises the corners of the mouth) and the orbicularis oculi (which raises the cheeks and forms crow's feet around the eyes).
A Duchenne smile could also be called a real smile; even people who don't know recognize the term Duchenne smile, a real smile.

My Faye had a real smile. It involved her entire face and it came from the heart. And it lit up her face and the whole room.

I don't think Faye could have faked a smile, or any emotion at all, for that matter, if her life depended on it.

I always called her a woman without guile. Faye was entirely without pretence. And she didn't have a cynical or skeptical bone in her body.

I remember her with love. And I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment