Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Getting stronger

Something has changed. Something has definitely changed.

It's not necessarily that I'm totally happy now. But I am generally happy. And it seems the sadness I feel from time-to-time is more along the lines of the sadness everybody feels from time-to-time.

Emotional ups and downs are part of life. I recognize that and the occasional bout of sadness I feel is more along the lines of that kind of sadness than deep grief.

I still think about Faye a lot every day but truly those memories have become sweet memories of a beautiful who touched my life in many, many ways.

I sense new emotional stability or strength. I also sense a restoration of ambition and a slowly developing work other and genuine desire to start living a fruitful and productive life again. I sense hope for the future. I'm almost tempted to say I've climbed that mother of all mountains. I admit, I'll have to see about that. But I have hope.

What's happening. Creeping along, inch-by-inch, has actually moved me forward. The movement was imperceptible but I was moving forward. The ongoing love and support of friends, family and church have helped.

A change in diet has helped, very quickly, to restore mental clarity and focus.

Three hours of ministry with Restoring the Foundations have seen things click into place. And I am very grateful.

Hard times almost assuredly come. But I know I'm stronger. That subterranean monster may still be there but it's smaller.

And I press on.


No comments:

Post a Comment