Monday, May 6, 2019

Battered and bruised

If I could be a neutral or objective observer of grief (hint, I'm not neutral or objective and I never can be), I would make the point the journey of grief is long, hard and unpredictable.

A month or so ago I was genuinely happy. The cloud of grief and its side effects had lifted.

Of late, however, I've been feeling like grief has punched me in the face and then proceeded to curb stomp me.

Boxer Mike Tyson once said something to the effect that everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face. That describes the grief journey, at least from my completely subjective point. Just when you think you have a recovery plan in place, grief punches you in the face.

Having said that, however, I will add that I am battered and bruised but I'm not broken. I will get up off the mat and I will recover.

I am determined in that. And I know God is with me. And I know healing and recovering and the embrace of life are in the plans for me.

Pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment