Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Sweet smile; stubborn heart

I've been listening to a blues song lately called Goodbye Sister Heroin.

It's not about love, or loss but about the singer's victory over heroin addiction.

The song makes me think about Faye. No, no, no, I assure no heroin addiction with Faye. But it has a line that makes me think about Faye every single time I hear it.

It goes something to the effect of remembering "your sweet smile and stubborn heart." I assume it refers to the seduction of heroin and its stubborn refusal to let go of its victims.

Nothing about heroin reminds me of Faye but that line "your sweet smile and stubborn heart" could be about Faye.

Her smile was the sweetest in the world, but it was accompanied by a stubborn heart. Mostly stubborn with conviction and determination to do what she felt she needed, or wanted to do. But honestly, I don't believe I won a single argument with her in 24 years. And when she was pursuing something that lady with the sweet heart was like a dog on a bone.

I say this things with a smile of affection on my face. :)

And I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment