Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Overthinking as usual

I'm nothing if I'm not guilty of overthinking. I should be in overthinkers anonymous, if there is such a thing.

I had a dream last night, just before waking up.

I was on an old boat, some kind of beat up old fishing boat. This boat was being lowered into the water by a gigantic crane. I could look down and see the water, which was dark brown.

The worrisome thing was the crane was lowering the boat far too quickly, almost just dropping it. The boat hit the water and instantly went under. The water was swirling around the boat. I was under.

And then, almost as quickly, the boat popped back to the surface, like a cork. That was it.

Weird dream, right? But it stuck with me. I mean it really stuck with me.

It seems to picture my life. I was safe and dry and contented in my old. And then, just like that, I was under water--brown filthy water.

But I have been restored to the surface. Reality and hope and security. All together. The reality of pain, and grief, and then hope of restoration.

Is this just something bubbling up from my subconscious or was God speaking to me? I have my thoughts. Come to your own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment