Thursday, February 7, 2019

Happiness Part II

I continue to be generally happy. Not necessarily deliriously happy. Well, actually, delirious doesn't occur that much for me.

But, yes, I'm happy these days. I still have days that are better than others. Something has shifted and I am deeply grateful for that.

Happy is better than sad. Happy is better than meh. Happy is better than okay.

Happy brings with it more energy, more ambition, better focus and the will to be productive.

So what next--I need to embrace happiness as it comes. I need to pursue new life and new friendships. I need to start driving into work and productivity. I need to live with more discipline. I need to guard my health--because I firmly believe body and spirit are connected. I need to guard who I hang out with. I need to cultivate praise and thanksgiving and seek out optimistic and positive people.

Grief tremors will come again. I am not remotely deceived about that. But for now I am running with happy. Those kind of tremors off to the right.

Even as I enjoy happiness. And I do. Even as I look with faith to the future. And I do. I realize there are things lurking beneath the surface.

They are there. That's reality. They could jump up to shake me up again. But those tremors get weaker. And I, by God's wonderful grace and am getting strong.

I will press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment