Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Conquering this mountain

Mountains and conquering the mountain in my life has been on mind literally from the time Faye died.

So I have a dream, or you could call it a bucket list item. In order to declare ultimate victory over the mountain in my life I plan to take an Everest trek, probably sometime next year. It might come later but I can't put it off indefinitely.

To be clear, this is not about climbing Everest. I wouldn't ask some poor Sherpa to risk his life trying to haul my soft white backside up Everest. It's a hike, typically flying into Kathmandu and then into the Tibetan village of Lukla.  From there it's a trek to Everest base camp.

The elevation goes from some 2,860 metres (9,383 feet) to about 4,800 metres (16,900).

I'm declaring this publicly. I will, by God's grace, conquer my mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment