Monday, February 11, 2019

Riding the monster

I continue to enjoy a period of happiness. I am happy, yes I am.

Can I say that I am perfectly happy--probably not. But I am enjoying the sweet taste of happiness in my life, even in the cycle of normal, day to day, ups and downs.

But, the reality is that the monster of grief is almost certainly lurking just below the surface of my life.

That is not being negative but simply being aware and realistic. I understand there is no timeline for grief. God has brought a lot of healing into my life, in a variety of ways, and I am deeply, deeply grateful.

I have every expectation, however, that the monster is still there. But I've learned a few things in the 390 days.

I know I can depend on the grace of God, even in the worst days of my life. And I know He will lift me up.

I've come to learn a lot about handling grief. And I am confident I can ride the monster. It will come but I know I can ride it.

Pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment