Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Yes I'm going there

During my journey of healing I find myself regularly finding new territory or having sudden realizations.

My newest revelation is that the time has come---or is at least rapidly approaching--is that I need to find a new social circle and enlarge my circle of friends.

People who have lost a spouse almost always feel abandoned by old friends because those friendships were in relation to a couple, not a single person.

I don't feel abandoned and I'm confident old friends remain my friends, even if they don't quite know how to respond to me as a single man. But I do feel I have moved out of their social circle.

So I need to start reaching out to establish new social circles and, with them, new friends. I know that will take time because I rarely make instant friends but given time, I make good friends.

Two further comments--I have absolutely no resentment, none at all. I appreciate all the good people who care for me.

Second I'm looking for people to hang out with, not for dating relationships. The time for that has not come.

No comments:

Post a Comment