Friday, September 7, 2018

Growing together

I've often commented about how different Faye and I were. She was an extroverted, high-energy workaholic. I am an introverted, lower energy, and much more inclined to chilling out.

I like spicy food, Faye did not. Faye was frugal, I was much less so. Faye was earnest about everything she did. I have an unfortunate tendency toward being flippant.

Our differences led to clashes from time. Faye rarely let me win an argument.

Over time, however, God worked in our lives to smooth those differences. Looking back over the past few years and I see us being much more alike than different.

Yes, our personalities remained different; however, our mutual faith was much more important than differences.

We both had a love for stretching and growing as people and a dislike for complacency in our lives.

Faye was often teased for being my food nazi. And, yes, she was far more disciplined in her eating habits than I am but we really shared a desire to be healthy and to further our health by our nutritional choices.

We both had an appreciation for entrepreneurship. We both value family and church.

God had us move steadily along the same path.

And so I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment