Friday, August 17, 2018

Truth

One of the things I wonder about is the need for  grieving people to be truthful about the person they've lost.

I have been absolutely truthful about Faye. I honestly believe she had the most beautiful smile in the world. I believe every word I've said about her lack of guile and the sweetness of her heart. She was honest to the bone--truly.

But I'm not confident Faye is in Heaven today because of how good she was. She's in Heaven because of God's grace and her reliance on grace for salvation.

In addition to be all those genuinely good things Faye was also a driven workaholic. Which meant it was hard to get her to slow down and spend an evening relaxing with me. She needed to be reminded to say hello before asking me to help with a challenge she was having with her computer.

I fully believe Faye is busy in Heaven as she was on earth, with every element of the curse fallen off.

A wonderful, sweet lady, yes. Perfect, no. And I'm smiling while writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment