Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Good news and bad news

The good news is the fact that I'm well past the initial shock of finding Faye dead one morning.

It was immensely shocking to find my health-obsessed bundle of energy gone, just like that. I was numb for the longest time.

The bad news is that shock is an anaesthetic. It literally left numb and somewhat beyond pain. With the passing of shock I've lost that anaesthetic. And that means a whole new type of pain.

Now I have the ongoing pain of rebuilding my life without Faye. I'll make it. I know I'll make. God is with me and He is sufficient. I say that with absolute confidence.

However I have the ongoing labor of healing ahead. That doesn't just mean getting past the sorrow. I will. But it also means living without the person who helped me keep my household and my life together.

Faye did so much for us. Now I have to do it alone.

Not alone, because God is with me. But, still, alone.

Pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment