Monday, August 27, 2018

The little things

As time passes, I'm finding the little things are what I miss the most about Faye.

I mean those little, quite trivial, conversations we would have. For instance mentioning the unusually heavy traffic I encountered while driving. Or talking about the sermon as we drive home from church, or that mutual acquaintance I find difficult to like.

None of these things are significant but there is nobody else I can talk to about these things. Some of them are private, things I would talk about only to my wife. Some of them are just to trivial to talk about with others.

I miss pushing Faye to get ready for church on time. Oddly, enough I find myself leaving too late now.

I miss brief conversations about family.

There is no replacement for Faye for these things. I miss her.

No comments:

Post a Comment