Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Temporary energy restorers

Part of the process of grieving is to turn to temporary energy relief.
Some of them are food, alcohol, busy-ness, exercise and retail therapy.
I certainly haven't slipped into busy-ness and alcohol hasn't been a factor. To be honest, it maybe was, very briefly, but that's entirely out of my system.
But food, yes. I know how to eat properly. I know what my body responds to but sometimes I just don't care so I shove food into my face my body doesn't need and I might not even like. But there still are times I just don't care. So I eat stupidly.
Retail therapy--somewhat, mostly in the area of book purchases. Faye didn't like me buying as many books as I liked to buy. So I've spent a lot of time in bookstores over the last seven months. That's slowed down as well.
Exercise? Maybe. I've hired a personal trainer who pushes me hard. I've mostly done this for the sake of my fitness but whenever I see my trainer I know I will have an hour when I don't think about one single thing apart from my next rep.
Yes, temporary energy relievers are a reality. I know that. But I also know they're know they are only temporary.
Pressing on.

2 comments:

  1. Way to keep pressing on Tim! You will make it, yes you will!! I love reading your blogs, you're a great writer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Karen. And thank you for praying.

    ReplyDelete