Monday, August 20, 2018

Isolation

I've been working my way through the Grief Recovery Handbook. One of the exercises is identifying dangers to the recovery process.
My number one danger clearly, clearly, is isolation.
I honestly don't believe I'm in that place. I have people in my life. And I have a business and I do get out and about.
But I would find it easy to withdraw. Faye was my extroverted, sociable, other half. She kept drawing people into our lives and drawing me into people she had met.
I don't have that in my life anymore. Being extroverted Faye is deeply difficult for me. And, honestly, I have a tendency to believe I can make it on my own.
I'm not going to be Faye but I need people in my life. So I will choose to press into that.

2 comments:

  1. I understand that tendency completely, not because I'm that way, but Devon is. And that is why we have the Saturday night fellowships because of his sleeping habits, he doesn't do mornings. It is always a push because he so loves the body of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand that Denise. Thank you for the comment.

    ReplyDelete