Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Grief timeline

One of the exercises in the Grief Recovery Handbook is to map out a grief timeline from birth until today.
I was to include everything that would cause grief or serious emotional disruption. I did that today.

Good grief. I didn't realize the amount of grief I've experienced. As I look back there's been a lot. Even as I say I'm sure there is nothing unusual in my life in that aspect but my father died in 1960, my Mom died in 2007. Coworkers and friends died in the next few years after that. And my Faye died this year.

Since then I've had another friend and two other friends become seriously ill with cancer. That doesn't include the disruption of moves and the poverty of growing up in a single parent home.

Every one of those events left a mark on my soul. But I don't feel sorry for myself because in the process I've found that people are resilient and strong. I've made it through that stuff and I will make it through this.

God is with me. I know that. He will be with me now as He was with me throughout my life.

Thank you, Lord, for your ongoing presence and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment