Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Multi level grief

I'm working through a book called The Grief Recovery Handbook and I'm finding it to be very helpful.

One of the exercises is a grief timeline, which I did a few days ago. A second exercise could be called  completing relationship.

As grieving people explore their grief timeline they may be surprised at how often they have been struck by grief. It will not only be about the death of people they love but a lot of other stressful, grieving situations.

Let's see there could be divorce, rejection, business failure and moves away from friends and family.

My discovery is that grief is multi-layered. As sharp and painful as Faye's death has been it is layered with times I have experience rejection and stress of many kinds.

Final healing is not possible with incomplete relationships still in your life. Completing those relationships may not be a long or difficult ordeal but it does need to be done.

Pressing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment