Wednesday, October 10, 2018

This journey is exhausting

My emotions are more tender today than they have been in months. I blame this on a couple of things.

I'm convinced the way I've eaten in the last couple of days has played a part. Bad eating has weakened me physically and mentally and left me prone to sadness. I firmly believe that.

The other thing is Thanksgiving dinner. I was invited to join friends for Thanksgiving. I am very appreciate of the love and I have no regrets about going. I will accept any invitation extended in friendship. It is part of healing.

Having said that, however,  the dinner had me desperately missing my Faye. I could hear her laughing and chatting and bustling about the kitchen helping, without being asked to help because that's who she was. I can also hear her volunteering me to help with something. :)

And then I can hear us chatting on the way home until she pulled out her bone pillow for a nap.

This journey is so desperately convoluted and tiring.

But I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment