Thursday, October 18, 2018

Questions

In my GriefShare group yesterday we talked about questions--or asking why, with the focus for most being asking why of God.

At this point in my healing journey I can honestly say I feel no inclination to rage out questions at God. I have complete trust in His sovereignty, love and goodness. And I honestly don't believe I have the wisdom to understand all the threads that make up my life and made up Faye's life to understand the why.

I have chosen to trust God--period. My lack of Godward questions may change. This journey is nothing if not weird and unpredictable.

What I do have questions about is the down to earth questions about how someone as energetic and full of life and concern for health and apparently healthy as Faye could be taken away so quickly and suddenly. It still doesn't make sense to me.

The autopsy showed a blockage in a coronary artery so she obviously as we thought but I still don't know exactly happened. Could we have done something? (I'm not suffering from guilt. Faye did the best with what she knew, and so did I, so please don't worry about that.)

I actually share Faye's interest in health, that's part of why I raise these questions.

What happened.

Pressing on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim thank you so much for sharing. About a year ago we lost a grandson perfect 8pound 3oz baby boy perfect in every way. He was born still through an emergency C-section. We have the same questions --Why God. About 32 years agoe Ray and I lost a baby boy. He lived till the next day. Then went to his forever home. I still ask the question "Why God" I too trust whole heartedly and believe in Gods goodness. But why.....

    ReplyDelete