Thursday, June 14, 2018

The patterns of grief

I had a bad day yesterday.

I was having flash backs to the moment I found Faye and the emotions of that moment pretty much all day. I was also having painful and sweet memories of my lady all day. And so I was sadder than I had been in a couple of months at least.

However, I was prepared. I was ready. I already know, and knew, that there is an an ebb flow in healing from the desperate pain of losing the person I love most in the world. The upward climb is a daily, inch by inch, process and sometimes I will slide back downwards.

No, let me correct that often there is a slip. It's like one of those stock market charts--many serious dips, even collapses but over time steady upward progress. And so my low point yesterday was not as low as the low points of a month ago. I was actually able to keep functioning yesterday. There would have been a time when that would not have been possible.

Climbing this mountain of mine is a lifetime process--truly, lifetime.  In it I need to keep going, never ultimately surrendering, or giving up.

God is with me, this I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment