Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Caring for the body

I still miss my Faye desperately. I think about her when I wake; I think about her when I go to bed.
I miss her energy. I miss her enthusiasm. I miss her smile and her laughter.

But by God's infinite love and grace I know I'm healing and getting life back. I give credit to the power of prayer (my own and that of many others) and times of praise. I give credit to encouragement from others, times of sharing my sorrow and the comfort of others.

However, I also give credit to hugs and to a process of caring for my body.

After the Lord finished the process of creation he pronounced what He created to be good. He looked at the material world and called it good. He looked at the creation of humanity--physical/spiritual beings and called it good.

My body--flesh, blood, bone, synapses, nerves--is pronounced good by the Living God. Caring for it is good.

Caring for my body--through deliberate exercise and proper nutrition and time in the sun and with people is a necessary part of healing from grief. In fact, in my case, attending to the physical was my first step to returning to hope and happiness.

In fact I firmly belief in physical first, then the spiritual.

God made the material universe and called it good. He made the body and called it.

To Him be the glory.






No comments:

Post a Comment