Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Pure heart

I had tea with a man yesterday who loved Faye and grieved with me when she died.

He described as a woman too pure for the earth. She wasn't quite that but she was a genuine pure heart.

Faye was a woman without guile--truly. There was nothing deceptive about my Faye, which made her open to teasing all her life. People teased Faye because they liked her but also because she was innocent and trusting. She took people at their word.

I've always said she had the most beautiful smile in the world. Her smile was beautiful because it came from the heart and involved her whole face including her eyes. It wasn't just with her lips, it was her whole face so people knew it was genuine.

Faye could get annoying with her persistence but people would never hold anything against her for any length of time because of the sweetness of her heart.

I don't know what physical age people will be in Heaven. Mostly I suspect the deterioration of age will be repaired but I think laugh lines should be retained. Faye earned those with the sweetness of her heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment