Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Changes

John Pipe speaks of God's frowning providence granted to make us into what He wants us to be.

I believe Faye's sudden death was an example of that very frowning providence. It is--and has--changed me. I don't only mean my life has changed. I mean I have changed and I expect I will change more.

My heart is more tender. My emotions are much closer to the surface than they used to be.
Living according to the values God has planted in my heart are more important than they have ever been.
On the flip side I'm much less prepared to live my life according to the values of other people.
I'm significantly more impatient with events that don't offer value.
On the flip side it is much more important to me that I offer value.
I have no time for meaningless nonsense.
My priorities have changed.
The people in my life are more important than they have ever been.
I'm more prepared to say no to things I don't want to do.
I believe I'm less concerned about the opinions of other people. And I'm growing ever more unconcerned.
I'm less willing to go along with stuff that doesn't provide benefit to me spiritually, emotionally or physical.
I'm determined to be happy to the Glory of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment