Sunday, May 13, 2018

Warnings?

There's something I can get to brooding about. Let's see if I can articulate it.
Throughout 2017 I had a strong impression that change was coming. And it certainly did--big time. I never in a million years would have dreamed the change would be what it has been. But my life has certainly change.
Sometime in fall of 2017 out of the blue said I would be lost if she was gone. She was right but her comment left me gobsmacked.
The Sunday before she died I felt an urgency to stay home with her, as she had the flu.
On January 16, the day before she died, I went to Calgary to donate blood and then I was to go on from there to a business meeting. But, again, I had an urgency to be home.
I stopped on my way home for a coffee to receive a text from her asking where I was. It seemed sad and plaintive.
On getting home I was almost overwhelmed with the thought of how devastating it would be if I never heard her voice, or her laugh or saw her smile.
And then she said she felt so sick she wanted to die.
The thing I wonder, when I take all these things in mind, is if the Lord was somehow speaking to both of us about the big change coming.
I don't know. Brooding doesn't help. But I do wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment