Friday, April 17, 2020

Would she want me to be happy?

I've often had people tell me that Faye would want me to be happy. That's a nice sentiment, but would she? I don't know.

I'm firmly convinced Faye is more alive than ever. And, yes, I assume she would want me to be happy.

Does that offer me comfort? Not really. We can't communicate until the day we meet again, which, again, I'm firmly convinced will.

What does offer strength and comfort is my confidence in the sovereignty of God and the presence of His Holy Spirit.

John 15:11 says "I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete."

That's the thing, my joy and my strength are to be where they have always had to be--in the Lord.

I live to know Him and to love and to find my strength and satisfaction in Him.

And so I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment