Friday, April 10, 2020

Back to the basics

It's clear I will have to go back to the basics as I continue to fight to embrace, fully embrace, life again.

The basics were clear when Faye died, in the image of making it off my mountain top.

1) It will be an inch-by-inch, day-by-day struggle. Recovering, rebuilding my life and clearing up the accumulated mess of the last two years will take a daily walk.

A couple of months after Faye died I got a tattoo of a mountain, with the sun rising over the summit. The words are Inch by inch, day by day, I will make this mountain mine. Soli Deo Gloria. (Glory to God alone.)

I seem to have forgotten that concept.

Life is war. Life is also joy, but it is war and I will have to move forward, even if only in tiny increments every day. Every day. I will have to do the right things every day.

2) I will need to choose to live by faith, not fear, or discouragement, or depression, every day.

3) That will take a disciplined mind--focussing on God and His truth and keeping guard over my heart and mind. There are so many things that can bring defeat. It's time to be ruthless in guarding my mind.

4) It will take a commitment to thanksgiving and praise.

5) It will take disciplined action.

6) It will mean getting back to basics in how I take care of my body. Physical and spiritual health cannot be separated.

To the battle.

Soli Deo Gloria.

No comments:

Post a Comment