Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Forgetting what lies behind

One part of this verse refers to pressing on toward the goal to win the prize.

But another part refers to forgetting what lies behind and I think that is just as important.

What lies behind? Well, for one, the life I had with Faye. Missing the woman I spent 24 years is a normal and necessary part of grieving. I still miss her.

That life, however, is gone forever. I have to live a new life. Nostalgia is part of my life. Maybe it will always be part of my life. But I cannot, dare not, let it be a trap.

I have more life ahead. I fully intend to live that life to the best of my ability. I can't try to live in what I once had, that life is gone.

But here's another thing that I need to leave behind.
The last two years have been hard, I've had my moments of brain fog, I've made mistakes and there are things I should have been doing that I forgot to do. Call it grief, or call it mild depression my life is a bit of a mess--including doing virtually nothing by way of income producing activity.

Another example is the pounds of put on. I'm unhappy about that.

But things happen. The past is the past. I need to live today, that includes developing a productive and healthy life again.

There's another thing. Sometimes, things are said that can be hurtful during the worst times in a person's life. Fortunately I can't at the moment remember any. I want to leave it that. And remember the people who blessed me.

And so I press on.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments:

Post a Comment