Thursday, December 20, 2018

Subtle changes

My time with old friends in Manitoba has me thinking about something.

The Faye of the last few years is, in very subtle ways, not quite the same Faye those people who knew her a dozen years ago.  I'm saying this very carefully and with a heart full of love for my Faye.

Her incredible energy was still there but it had now become infused with a measure of stress she didn't once have. Our distance from church made it hard for Faye to play the hostess role that she loved so much and it made hard for her to have the impact on our church that she had on Seine River Church in Lorette.

Our friends here did see how amazingly friendly and energetic she was--no question. But they didn't quite get to see her reaching out to the community to persistently speak into the lives of people, the way she once. Close, but not quite.

And in recent years there was an element of stress that wasn't there at one time. And all the coaching she was getting had her somehow with the impression she wasn't good enough as she was.

She was an amazing person. I told her that at every opportunity. Somehow she was in a place where she was trying to be different.

Having said I have deeply fond memories of her.

And I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment