Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Down memory lane

Over this last weekend I had the privilege of attending a retirement celebration for Ed and Jesse Hildebrand, who were stepping down from the pastorate after 17 years I believe.

Faye and I were there from the beginning. It was a blessed event as Ed and Jesse were thanked for there service and various people reflected on their ministry.

It was a sad even as I met people who loved Faye but haven't had the opportunity to talk with me since she died. All in all it was a deeply emotional weekend for me.

Several people fondly recalled Faye's friendly persistence in inviting people to church. She was relentless in loving pursuit. The thing is nobody was over the long term offended with her doggedness. Her love, her sincerity and the goodness of her heart was visible on her face. And even if they wanted her to back off, they couldn't take offence.

She had an immense impact on building of that congregation.

Sadly proud I was.

And I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment