Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Snowy roads

The roads were snowy and quite bad as I drove home late last night. It got me to thinking about Faye, almost everything does of course.

Whenever we had to get home on a stormy night Faye would just put her seat back and take a nap, after asking me if I would like her to stay awake and chat while I drove us through the storm. I almost always told her to go ahead and get her sleep.

The thing is Faye trusted me to get us home safely. I will always remember that. She was also one who was able to sleep in almost any circumstance.

The other thing is I felt I had a precious cargo in my sleeping Faye. There was no way I wouldn't keep her safe.

That last dreadful morning I would have anything to protect her. I would have taken a bullet for her without a second thought but I was unable to do anything for her.

Pressing on my friends.

1 comment: