Wednesday, August 7, 2019

A regret

I try my best to avoid regrets. I loved Faye and she loved me. Our marriage was happy. And yet, there were imperfections as there almost always are.

We were too busy. We really were. I was busy. Faye was beyond busy. I always teased her that she would somebody be the busiest person at the care home, which never happened of course.

We often go several days without even having a meal together. And longer without more extended time together. It would have been fair to say we often were like ships passing in the night.

So we had a weekly game night. And we drove places together--including church--whenever we could. Of course she would concentrate on knitting. :)

Holidays were precious times. And were times with family when Faye concentrated on being a mother and grandmother.

None of that can be changed of course. And life was what it was. And Faye had to channel her immense energy.

So I press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment