Sunday, April 29, 2018

One of the things I've learned from others who have dealt with the loss of someone they love and with the wonderful organization Grief Share is to lean into my grief.
Leaning into grief seems a difficult concept to explain but for me it means accepting the reality of grief. I'm in a place of grieving. That's reality. At times I have to attend to other things. I have responsibilities. I have a business--a church I love, friends and family.
I have times when I choose to praise the God who loves me and loved Faye. No, that's not right, He loves Faye.
But when sadness comes I've learned to accept it and not be embarrassed, ashamed, frustrated, or impatient with my healing. It will come. I have that hope. Or better yet, I have that confidence.
In the meantime I will grieve. Death is an enemy.
Jesus wept at the grave of a friend, even though He knew what would happen next--Resurrection!
Jesus wept. That brings me comfort today.

No comments:

Post a Comment