Monday, April 30, 2018

I think I need to explain the blog title.

After Faye died I had a persistent mental image of a mountain, not Mount Everest as above, with the sun rising over the summit. The words that ran through my mind, also persistently, were "Inch by Inch; Day by Day, this Mountain will be mine."
This is what it means to me. When I lost my Queen so suddenly I truly felt like I had been left to die in the death zone of a mountain--nothing around me but rock and ice. At that horrible moment I didn't see how I could make it with no air to breathe and nothing to eat or hang on to.
But the gracious God whispered inch by inch, day by day, decision by decision this mountain will be yours.
The sun is a reminder that the Son of God is always there. It's also a reminder that even in the deepest, darkest moments of life there is beauty to be seen. Always, always, if I but look.
In time the mountain of pain, will be a mountain to the glory of God.

My grief is strong but "Inch by inch; day by day, this mountain will be mine."

Soli Deo Gloria.

This might be a tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment