Saturday, July 21, 2018

A wish

As I've mentioned in the past Faye brought me into Toastmasters.

I spoke on Thursday. I find the entire process--preparation and speaking pleasurable. I truly love it.

Faye did not. She would agonize over a seven minutes speech.

That brings me to something I wish I could have communicated to her in a way she grasped with her heart.

I would--I did do this--look into her eyes and tell her she didn't need to try so desperately hard to do something different or to change or to develop a new skill. Although all that is good and well and I genuinely admired her for her earnestness and her willingness to learn new things and grow.

But I would tell her she needed to focus on letting people see the beauty of her heart and the rest would start to flow. She was a beautiful person. She was a special person. Letting people simply see that would have accomplished more than any thing she was trying to do.

Somehow she never was able to make that leap. And I can feel a little sad about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment